Turkish security forces have launched another anti-terrorism operation in the country’s southeast, the Interior Ministry said Wednesday.
The operation, Eren Kis-29 (Mardin-Bagok) Martyr Gendarmerie Specialist Corporal Hakan Ocalan, started in Mardin province with 571 security personnel, the ministry said in a statement.
The operation aims to completely eliminate terrorism in the country with the support of people, it added.
Turkey initiated Eren operations last year and named them after Eren Bulbul, a 15-year-old boy killed by the PKK terror group on Aug. 11, 2017.
In its more than 35-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK – listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the US and EU – has been responsible for the deaths of over 40,000 people, including women, children and infants.